If you love class, you will surely want to take a good look at the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium. The smartphone is one to be proud of. Apart from the pop-up front camera which is the latest trend, it comes with an upgrade over its siblings.
Just as the name suggests, it’s the latest and premium version of the Redmi K20 Pro smartphone. It has been upgraded with more RAM, processor, and even the body comes with some touch here and there.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium Key Specs & Features
- 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR10
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ CPU
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 13 MP Rear Camera
- 20 MP Motorized popup Front camera
- 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage, No Memory card support
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under display)
- 4G LTE Network
- 4000 mAh Li-Po Non-removable Battery
Design and Display
Without further adore, let’s take a look at the phone. The body is wrapped with premium material. Both the front and the back are built with a glass and an aluminum frame.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium is blessed with a triple rear camera sitting on the back alongside an LED flash and the branded logo.
It has body dimensions of 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm and weight 191 grams which is not that heavy to handle with a single hand. The pop-up front camera gives way to full-screen display size.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium offers a large screen size of 6.39 inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and 403 PPI density.
The screen is equipped with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and it packs 19.5:9 ratio and display protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
On the camera department, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium has a triple rear camera of 48 megapixels main snapper with an additional 8 megapixels telephoto lens and lastly is 13 megapixels ultrawide sensor.
These cameras working together feature Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama and they can also shoot 4K video quality.
The front camera is 20 megapixels which always pop-up when you want to take selfies or make video calls. Surprisingly the selfies shooter supports HDR and can also shoot 2K video resolution.
Hardware and Software
Behind the wheel is a Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ chipset which is the most powerful SOC of 2019. It’s built based on 7 nm process technology.
The premium chipset has a tri-cluster architecture consisting of 2.96GHz single-core processor, a 2.42GHz tri-core processor, and 1.8GHz quad-core processor.
The Adreno 640 GPU is for graphics and the device is powered by the latest Android 10 with MIUI 11 slapped on top. The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium has generous inbuilt storage of 128GB with 8GB RAM.
There’s also another model with 512GB with 8GB RAM and another with 512GB paired with 12GB RAM. As you can see, there’s no need for a micro SD card on this phone and as such it has none.
Battery and Network
Supplying power to the handset is a 4000 mAh Li-Po battery which is also equipped with fast charging technology. The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium has dual SIM with support for 4G LTE Network.
Other connectivity options on the smartphone include WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector with USB On-The-Go.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium is now available for purchase for $469.99. In Nigeria, the phone will cost around 180,000 Naira depending on the storage variant.
Those in Ghana can get it for 2,800 GHS, while in Kenya, it sells for 52,000 KES. You can order it in amazing colors and it has an under-display fingerprint scanner for security.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium:
- Platform: Android 10; MIUI 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm), Octa-core (2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.8 GHz quad-core Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue, Summer Honey, Pearl White
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm (6.17 x 2.93 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.39 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density), Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (telephoto) + 13 MP Camera (ultra wide), 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240fps, 1080p@960fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, 2x Optical Zoom
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Built-in Storage: 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Screen, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+)