Oppo has just released a brand new device with name Realme U1 which is a selfie-focused budget smartphone and also the first in the U line. The device is also packing the all-new Helio P70 on the inside which is based on 12nm FinFET process technology and of course, a 25MP front facing camera which is carefully placed in the water drop notch. Let’s take a look at what other features the Realme U1 has to offer.
Oppo Realme U1 Key Specs
- 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo with 3GB/4GB Of RAM
- Octa-core 2.1GHz, MediaTek Helio P70
- 32GB/64GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP rear camera and 25MP Selfie camera
- 3.500mAh non-removable Battery
Oppo Realme U1 Design And Display
The device is nothing short of elegant. It sports a 6.3-Inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2340 pixel screen resolution, Identical to the one found on the Realme 2 Pro which covers more than 90% of the device’s front. At the top is a water drop or teardrop cutout to house the front-facing camera. The screen of the device is covered with Corning Gorilla 3 for screen protection.
Turning over to the back is the fingerprint sensor at the usual spot and dual rear camera placed by side by side at the top left corner. The back of the device looks like glass but it isn’t. It is made of acrylic with a special coating to make it look like glass. This has made it less prone to shattering and also weighs less compared to glass. Colours options available for the device includes Ambitious Black, Brave Blue and Fiery Gold.
Oppo Realme U1 Camera Review
This is perhaps the highlight of the device as it a selfie-focused smartphone. The front-facing camera features a single 25MP camera with f/2.0 aperture which is capable of recording 1080p videos at 30fps. At the back are two cameras – a 13MP main shooter with f/2.2 and a secondary 2MP with f/2.4 paired with an LED Flash. However, the rear cameras are kind of a let down as they can’t record 4k videos. 1080p video recording is possible but the frame per second can only go as high as a front-facing camera – 30fps max.
Oppo Realme U1 Hardware and Software
Making its Debut is the Mediatek Helio P70 Chipset with octa-core processors clocking speeds of up to 2.1GHz. The chipset is equipped with a faster image processing hardware, has the ability to adjust the depth of field in portrait mode shots and has been well optimised for gaming among other things.
Speaking about gaming, Oppo Realme U1 has a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The device has two RAM and storage options – a 3GB RAM with 32GB of Internal storage and a 4GB variant with 64GB of internal storage – both of which are expandable via the dedicated MicroSD Card Slot up to 256GB. About slots, there are also two Nano SIM slots. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, obviously with Oppo’s Color OS 5.2 on top.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Realme U1 boasts of 3500mAh of battery capacity with fast charging for quick top-ups. Other connectivities included in the device are the good old FM Radio receiver, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi, WiFi direct WiFi hotspot and Micro USB 2.0 port with supports for USB On The Go.
Oppo Price And Availability
The based version of 3/32GB cost $169 while the bigger variant of 4/64GB costs $209. The first sale for the device is set to commence on December 5.
Oppo Realme U1 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 157 x 74 x 8 mm
- Material: Acrylic
- Weight: 168g
- SIM Dual SIM: (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
Touch Panel/ Type: 2.5D, Gorilla® Glass 3
Screen Ratio: 90.8%
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, HD+ 1080 x 2340 pixels (409ppi)
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Color OS 5.2)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P70, Octa-core
- CPU Type(s): ARM Cortex-A73x4, ARM Cortex-A53x4
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72
- RAM: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 13MP + 3MP LED flash
- Secondary: 25MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, micro USB 2.0
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,500mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Polymer
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $209
- Availability: Coming Soon