The Nokia 8.3 5G is one of the best smartphones everyone wants to get. This is the successor of the Nokia 8.1 which was announced in 2018. It comes in a modern body design bringing some tons of features together.
Nokia 8.3 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.81 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~386 ppi)
- Android 10.0, Android One
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory card
- 64 MP + 12 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 24 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast charging 18W
- Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Nokia 8.3 5G comes in a nice and attractive body that is rooted in pristine Nordic design and it’s available in Polar Night color. The back area is covered in curved glass with a cookie camera design that houses four sensors.
The camera arrangements here are different from what we have been seeing on other devices, this gives the phone a unique look. It brings in a side-mounted fingerprint scanner which also doubles as the power button.
Many people will surely be excited by this innovation from HMD. Moving to the front, the Nokia 8.3 5G packs a PureDisplay technology however there is still some amount of bezel both on the top and bottom of the screen. HMD can do better than this.
That aside, the 6.81-inch PureDisplay has an FHD+ resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. On the punch hole, you will get to meet the front camera with a Pixelworks chip that helps it convert SDR to HDR content.
On the camera set-up, the Nokia 8.3 5G is blessed with a quad rear camera. These include a 64MP primary camera, a 12MP ultrawide angle camera with impressive low light performance as it comes with a large 2.8um Super Pixel size.
The ultrawide camera can also record in 4K UHD. You will also get the other two cameras such as a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro camera. All of these features ZEISS optics. Meanwhile, the front camera is 24 MP.
Nokia also partnered with ZEISS to bring its cinematic effects to this new phone which will allow users to edit videos professionally in Hollywood style with an effect such as Blue flare and Anamorphic. Additionally is an Action Cam Mode.
Hardware and Software
The Nokia 8.3 5G has a Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G chipset that is based on 11 nm process technology. The handset has an octa-core processor with a clocking speed of 2.4 GHz coupled with Adreno 620 GPU for graphics.
It has an internal storage of 64GB with 6GB RAM, and another model with a huge 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. It comes with a dedicated slot for a micro SD card.
Battery and Network
Fueling the smartphone is a 4500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. It also features audio jack, FM Radio, OZO Audio, Bluetooth 5.0, and Dual-Band Wi-Fi.
It runs on Android One based on Android 10 operating system and will get 2 years of Android upgrades and 3 years of security updates directly from Google.
The 5G network on the device is one of its top-selling points. It supports more 5G bands than any other phone in the world. Apart from the 600MHz bands, it also has a mid-bands and 3.8GHz High-bands.
Nokia 8.3 5G Price and Availability
The Nokia 8.3 5G will sell for $650 and will be available in Polar Night color.
In Nigeria, it’s expected to cost around 240,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will cost 3,800 Ghs and 70,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Nokia 8.3 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Nokia 8.3 5G:
- Platform: Android 10.0, Android One
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Polar Night
- Dimension: 171.9 x 78.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM or Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.81 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~386 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth), 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: Zeiss optics, Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 24 MP, Zeiss optics, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 18W