Moneygram Nigeria: How to send, receive and track money
Learn how to send, track and receive money via MoneyGram in Nigeria. MoneyGram is a money transfer company which provides its services to individuals and Businesses through a network of agents and financial institutions in 200 countries around the world and more than 340,000 agents offices spread across those 200 countries which Nigeria is part of. MoneyGram is available in Nigeria and users of this platform can send, receive and track their funds in and out of the country. MoneyGram offers a lot of features and benefits when compared to its competitors. Some of the features includes the following:
- It is super fast and convenient, thanks to the integration with financial institutions.
- It is very secure and reliable.
- You can send and receive from Nigeria.
- Many agent locations spread across the world, making it easier to send and receive money from almost anywhere in the world.
- Funds transfer directly to a bank account and more.
It’s safe to say that once you’re thinking of sending or receiving funds in Nigeria then MoneyGram is by far the best option, at least for now.
MoneyGram Bank Partners In Nigeria
Currently, only a hand full of Nigerian banks has partnered with MoneyGram, from and through which users of those banks can send and receive funds directly to their bank account without having to go the banking premises. These banks include:
- Access Bank
- First Bank
- Eco Bank
- Diamond Bank
- Polaris Bank (Formerly Skye Bank)
- Keystone Bank
- Union Bank
So if you have an account with any of the above-listed banks then you can definitely receive funds from MoneyGram directly to your bank account and also use the bank to send funds out of the country.
MoneyGram Locations In Nigeria
If you’re looking for MoneyGram Locations from which you can send and receive funds then MoneyGram has got you covered with an easy way to look that up on their website.
See how below
- All you have to do is visit the MoneyGram website.
- You’ll be presented with an arrow to choose your country (Click on it, scroll down to Nigeria and select it.), Then enter your City/state in the box provided below.
- Once you do that, a list of MoneyGram Locations in the state will show and you can choose the one closest to you.
Now that we know what MoneyGram is all about, the banks that are partnered with them and their Locations, we can now go ahead and figure out how to send, receive and funds using money gram.
How To Send Money Using MoneyGram
- First off, you need to locate a MoneyGram Location near you.
- Next, you’ll need to present a Valid Means of identification, The recipient’s full name as stated on his/her Identification Card as well as their Location(Home Address). If you’re sending straight to the recipient’s bank account then you’ll need his/her bank name and account number. You obviously need to have the amount of money you would like to send as well as the transfer fee. (Note: You can only send a maximum $1000 per Quarter which means Every 3 Months)
- Once you have all that, fill the form that will be provided by the MoneyGram agent and hand it over along with the amount to be transferred and transfer fee.
- You’ll be given a receipt and an 8-digit reference number.
- All that is left is for you to share the 8-digit reference number with the recipient to enable him to pick up the funds. That is if you didn’t send it straight to his/her account number.
How to receive Money from MoneyGram
Receiving money from MoneyGram is easy. If the money was sent to your account number then you don’t really need to do anything. You’ll get a credit alert when the fund reaches your account. If the money was not sent to your account directly then you’ll need to follow the steps below.
- Locate a MoneyGram Location.
- Fill in the receivers form which requires your Identification Card, Reference number which will be Given to you by a sender, your first and last name, the sender’s first and last name, expected amount and purpose of transaction etc.
- After filling the form, the details Will be cross-checked. If it is correct, you’ll be given the funds.
Funds sent through MoneyGram are usually ready for pickup after 24hours of the money being sent.
How To Track MoneyGram Transfer
If someone has sent you some funds through MoneyGram them you cam track the transfer and know when it is ready for pickup so as to not to visit the Location multiple times. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Visit the MoneyGram Tracking Page.
- Enter the 8-digit reference number Given to you by the sender and Enter your last name then click on the Track button.
- This will show you whether the fund is ready for pick up or not.
That is pretty how to send, track and receive money through Moneygram in Nigeria