If you own a Jio Phone then you can already tell from the title that you can already use the WhatsApp Application on both the Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2. For those of you who don’t already know, Jio (Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) is an Indian based Mobile Network operator owned by Reliance Industries which has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, formerly New Bombay in India. Jio does not offer 2G or 3G service However, it offers 4G LTE with voice over LTE (VoLTE) as a way to provide voice service to its customers.
Jio has since entered the Mobile phone market, releasing two smartphones till date which are the Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2, both of which are powered by KaiOS. Originally, the Jio Phones couldn’t download and use WhatsApp but after working closely with Facebook and WhatsApp, the app made its way into Jio Phones. Now, all Jio Phone users, both those using Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2 can now use WhatsApp. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s show you how to download and use the WhatsApp Application on your Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2.
How to Download and install Whatsapp on Jio Phone
- Turn on your Jio Phone and make sure you’re connected to the internet and have a data plan/bundle.
- Now, Go to the Jio App Store and Search for WhatsApp. Once the App comes up on screen, Click on the Download button for it to download and install. Depending on how fast your internet connection is, this shouldn’t take long.
- Once the Download is through, you can now Launch the WhatsApp Application. Next, you’ll need to log in/Register and for that, you’ll need to verify your phone number.
- Input your Phone number in the space provided in the App and Click on Continue. You’ll get a text message with a code or get a call depending on the option you picked. Just input the code you got via text message or via a phone call and you’re good to go.
- Next will be to set your name and profile picture and you can start chatting with your friends and family on WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp Application was specifically developed for Jio Phones and as such won’t have some Features of the full-fledged WhatsApp as seen on Android and iPhones. So it’s okay for some Features you’ve seen or used on the Android or iOS platform to be missing here as the Jio Phones are kinda underpowered. Nonetheless, the most basic functions like chats and group chats will work effortlessly.
Jio Phone also has a dedicated helpline for WhatsApp related issues you can all and have your problems sorted out. The number is 1991. You can also drop a comment Down below stating the difficulty you’re facing and we might be able to help.