HTC Wildfire R70
The HTC Wildfire R70 the first new phone from the company for awhile. It was just last year when HTC made a comeback of their Wildfire series by debuting the HTC Wildfire X in India. Well, from the looks of things, they seem to be keeping the Wildfire series active hence the new HTC Wildfire R70.
The good news about this series is that they fall under the budget category. Anybody can easily grab the phone without breaking their wallet. The HTC Wildfire R70 was announced with some interesting features.
However, the major highlight of the phone includes a large-sized display with waterdrop notch, triple rear cameras, and a massive battery.
HTC Wildfire R70 Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inches, IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~263 ppi)
- Android 9 (Pie)
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6763 Helio P23
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 16 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Charging
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Merely looking at this phone, you can easily sport the front glass that hosts the notch. On the panel, it packs a smooth and premium design that features the camera modules with an LED flash and also a fingerprint scanner.
Don’t be deceived by what you see, the phone is built with plastic on the back and also a plastic frame. Not too bad though considering the price tag. It has body dimensions of 163.2 x 77.8 x 8.9 mm and weighs 186 grams.
The HTC Wildfire R70 packs a large screen display size of 6.53-inch making use of an IPS LCD that produces a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and 263 PPI density. It has a tall 19.5:9 aspect ratio plus display protection that is scratch resistant.
On the back shell of the phone, you will be greeted with a triple camera system. It consists of an f/1.75 aperture 16-megapixel primary shooter, a 2-megapixel macro lens with f/2.4 apertures and lastly, is a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
There is AI on the triple rear camera offering features such as Pro mode, Macro mode, HDR, Beauty mode, Portrait mode, and AR stickers. Selfies fanatics will get a front camera of 8-megapixel on the notch.
The front camera features Beauty mode, Portrait mode, AR stickers, and full HD video recording.
Hardware and Software
Talking about performance, the HTC Wildfire R70 will handle most of the smartphone tasks with ease. The 16nm Helio P23 chipset from 2017 comes along with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.0 GHz.
This, however, will handle day to day phone activities without any issues. It also comes with Mali-G71 MP2 for graphics related issues. The 2GB RAM is paired with 32GB for music, videos, and other file storage.
If the memory is not enough, you can expand it using a micro SD card but not beyond 128GB and it uses a shared SIM slot. The Android 9.0 Pie operating system has a customized HTC Sense UI.
Battery and Network
The battery supplying power to the phone is 4000 mAh Non Removable that supports 10W charging.
It comes with the usual connectivity options on most Android phones such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB, and 3.5mm audio jack.
HTC Wildfire R70 Price and Availability
The HTC Wildfire R70 is expected to sell at a price of about $145. This roughly converts to 52,000 Naira in Nigeria. Meanwhile, in Ghana, it will cost around 780 Ghs and 14,500 Ksh in Kenya.
It will be shipped in amazing colors that includes Aurora Blue, and Night black.
HTC Wildfire R70 Specs
Here are a few specs of the HTC Wildfire R70:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie)
- Processor: Mediatek MT6763 Helio P23 (16 nm), Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Night black
- Dimension: 163.2 x 77.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inches, IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~263 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple, 1080p@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8 MP, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 4.2, A2DP, LE Bluetooth
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, battery charging 10W