See how to set up Face ID on iPhone XS and XS Max. The iPhone Xs and XS Max are the best iPhones from Apple. They boast the latest Apple A12 Bionic chip and overall improved cameras compared to last year iPhone X. If you have just bought the iPhone XS or the XS Max you might want to see how to properly set up Face ID on iPhone XS and XS Max. Hence the essence of this post is to show you how to set up Face ID on the iPhone XS and XS Max.
Face ID unlocks feature was introduced on the iPhone X is now the main unlock feature on the iPhone XS and XS Max. This means that Apple has finally buried the Touch ID, no more home button. However, operations on the iPhone XS and XS Max are quite the same as before, and the functionality of the Home button has been moved to other buttons.
The new Face ID on the iPhone XS and XS Max has been improved and the failure has been reduced as well. It can now recognize and unlock your iPhone better than before. So how does one set up and use Face ID on the iPhone and XS Max? Follow the guide below to learn how to set up the Face ID on your new iPhone XS and XS Max
Benefits of FaceID
Apple’s Face ID is the biometric facial identity scanner on iPhone X, XS, XS Max and the iPhone XR. The feature makes it easier to unlock your latest iPhone XS and as well lock your apps with it. Once an app is secured with Face ID, no one can unlock it in your absence. You can as well use it to authenticate Apple Pay, App Store, and iTunes transactions.
And the probability of anyone getting past the Face ID lock and breaking into your iPhone X at all is very small. Apple also claimed that the Face ID is a lot more secure than the Touch ID lock which is what you have on previous iPhone.
Before you can enjoy all of these benefits, you will have to set up Face ID on your new iPhone XS, or the XS Max. Which is what we will be covering here.
How to set up Face ID on iPhone XS and XS Max
If you have set up Touch ID on your iPhone before, then setting up Face ID might really not be a problem for you as the process is quite similar. Just like when setting up your Android phone for the first time, you will be prompted to set up Face ID when setting up your iPhone XS or XS Max. You can skip the process and set up Face ID Later though.
Below is how to set up Face ID on iPhone XS
- Pick up your iPhone XS Max and navigate to Settings from your Home screen and tap on it.
- Scroll down and locate Face ID & Passcode, then tap on it.
- You will be required to enter your Passcode. In case you don’t have one, you will need to create one.
- Once you have entered your passcode, tap Set Up Face ID on the next screen
- Then you are good to go. You can now begin the processing of letting Face ID register your Face.
- Click on Get Started.
- Ensure your face is well positioned in the cycle to allow the camera and the sensors scan your face
- When your face has been captured turn your face in other directions so that your iPhone XS will capture all characteristics of your face.
- When the scan process is done, press OK to confirm.