Samsung Galaxy A20 Key Specs and Features
- 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1560 pixels (268 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Exynos 7884 CPU with 3GB RAM
- 32GB built-in storage, up to 512GB memory card
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear camera and a 5MP front camera
- Face Unlock
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A20 features a similar design to the rest of the 2019 A-Series. You get an infinity-V display with a slim plastic body.
The smartphone comes in 5 colour options: black, red, coral orange, deep blue, and gold.
Samsung Galaxy A20 sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED infinity-V display with 720 x 1560 pixels resolution. The smartphone has 19.5:9 aspect ratio, which gives it a compact profile.
The front of the phone is covered in glass. It has plastic covering on the back with a fingerprint sensor.
Battery and Camera
The Samsung Galaxy A20 has a dual camera setup on the back. The main camera is a 13 megapixels 76° wide angle camera with autofocus.
This camera is supported by a 5 megapixels 123° ultrawide angle camera. The camera offers LED flash, HDR, and full HD video recording.
On the V-cutout on the display, you have the 8 megapixels selfie camera.
Samsung Galaxy A20 offers a 4000 mAh Li-Po battery meaning more capacity for watching videos and playing games. It supports fast charging with support for up to 15W.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is powered by the same chipset as the Galaxy A10. The octa-core Exynos 7884 chipset has a dual-cluster architecture consisting of a hexa-core processor and a dual-core processor clocked at 1.35GHz and 1.6GHz respectively.
However, the Android smartphone offers 3GB RAM (50% more RAM than the A10), which means that things might run more smoothly. It offers 32GB of built-in storage with support for up to 512GB memory card.
Samsung Galaxy A20 comes with Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box with the One UI running on top.
Depending on your country, the Samsung Galaxy A20 may be available with dual-SIM or single SIM. It supports Nano SIM cards.
The smartphone also supports super fast LTE with download speeds of up to 150Mbps. If you are in Nigeria, you will be able to access 4G data on MTN, 9Mobile, and Airtel.
Unlike the entry-level A10 that offers micro USB, the Galaxy A20 features USB Type C (USB 2.0). You also get USB On-The-Go and 3.5mm audio jack.
The smartphone features Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. You can sync the device with your PC using Smart Switch. Depending on your country, NFC may also be supported.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A20 price in Nigeria starts at around 52,000 Naira (~ $145). Price in Kenya starts at around 16,000 KSH. In Ghana, you will be able to buy the Samsung Galaxy A20 for GH₵ 830.
You can buy the smartphone at leading online stores in your country.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A20:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 1.6GHz dual-core + 1.35GHz hexa-core, Exynos 7884
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Deep Blue, Red, Coral Orange, Gold
- Dimension: 158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1560 pixels (268 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Front Glass Cover
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 5MP Dual Camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Cat 4 150/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Optional)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Video Player: Yes, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po battery (Non-removable)
- Internet Usage Time: up to 13 hours (LTE & Wi-Fi), up to 12 hours (3G)
- Video Playback Time: up to 21 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (up to 15W)